Cooking a Steak on a Smoker Cooker!
This 3-inch boneless ribeye steak was the perfect thickness to cook on a smoker cooker. We used a dry brine and a rub from Meathead Goldwyn of Amazing Ribs (check out all the details of rub recipe here).
METHODS OF COOKING THIS RECIPE
Ever want to cook a steak on your smoker cooker? If you have a thick cut steak like this 3-inch rib eye you can cook it Fast & Hot. Two-hours is “Fast” in the smoker cooker community, and 275º Fahrenheit is in the “Hot” Barbeque setting on the Lang smoker gauge.
- 1 or more 3" thick bonless beef ribeye steaks
- 3 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili or ancho powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle or cayenne powder
- Dry Brine your ribeye with Kosher salt 1 to 24 hours prior to smoking.
- Apply the Meathead Big Bad Beef Rub
- Smoke on your smoker cooker at 275 degrees Fahrenheit
- For MEDIUM (still pink on the inside) Smoke approximately 2 hours for an internal temperature of 155F