What is Christmas without Chestnuts Roasting?
Where there’s fire, you have the ability to roast your chestnuts. You can roast them on your smoker cooker, in a charcoal grill, or if you have a Deluxe Lang BBQ Smoker, you can do it in the warmer box.
Methods of Cooking
- 1-2 pounds of fresh, unshelled chestnuts
- Fire up your smoker cooker to 400º
- Consider adding some apple wood, wild cherry wood, or other fruit wood for additional flavor
- Rinse the chestnuts
- Consider scoring each chestnut with an "X", a single cut, or trim off
onethe top of one side
- Lay the chestnuts on your smoker cooker
- Shut the smoker door
- No need to turn the chestnuts with Lang's reverse flow heat
- Cook for approximately 45 minutes