Low & Slow Smoker Cooker Recipe
This delicious pork butt recipe was shared by Erryn Barkett.
METHODS OF COOKING THIS RECIPE
Erryn smoked the pork butts low and slow on their Lang BBQ Smoker with a short time in the oven.
Smoked Bone-In Pork Butt with Apples
Erryn lives on a farm in Fincastle, Virginia and loves their Lang BBQ Smoker! "This is a very simple smoked pork butt recipe".
Author: Erryn Barkett
- 2 Bone-In Pork Butts
- BRINE: salt, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar
- DRY RUB: mustard, local honey, rosemary, garlic
- WOOD: apple wood is great
- SPRITZ: soy sauce and Worcestershire in a spray bottle.
- Thaw to room temperature 1 day before cooking.
- Brine on the morning of cooking for 6 hours in a salt, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar brine.
- Remove from Brine.
- Cover pork in the DRY RUB - mustard, local honey, rosemary, garlic.
- Crumble more brown sugar on top.
- Squeeze sliced lemons on the pork
- Place apple slices on top.
- Put pork in oven for 45 minutes at 250.
- Start smoker cooker, use apple wood. Get temperature to 250-300 degrees.
- Put the pork on the grill for 4-5 hours at 250 degrees.
- Spritz the meat with soy sauce and Worcestershire spray
- Cover the meat with foil and put pan in back of Lang smoker for another 45 minutes.
- Check the temperature of the meat, when ready take off of the smoker and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Slice and serve and give all the credit to the Lang Smoker!
We hope you try this recipe. We’re happy to see your comments or post your own photos on our social media pages!