Jon Wipfli of The Minnesota Spoon shared this recipe for a sauce that works well with duck, pork loin, beef loin or any meat that eats easy with a low and slow smoker cooker cook time.
Author: Jon Wipfli
Recipe type: Sauce
- 1 anchovy, cleaned of bones
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ inch of microplaned horseradish
- 2 small lemons, juiced
- ¾ bunch of minced flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup of olive oil
- Salt to taste
- For the horseradish-herb sauce, put the anchovy, garlic, horseradish into a mortar. With a pestle, mash the ingredients to a pulp. (This step can be done in a food processor).
- Cover with lemon juice.
- Separately, cover the finely minced flat-leaf parsley with the olive oil. Keep the two separate until you are ready to brush the duck or meat.
- When the duck or meat is ready, mix the contents of the mortar with the herbed olive oil in a small mixing bowl. Season with salt and brush onto the duck or meat.