Recipe by Chef Paul Kirk
For Easter I usually cook a leg of lamb on my Lang. Here’s an easy lamb recipe that I feel that you will like.
Peach-Glazed Smoked Leg of Lamb
Author: Chef Paul Kirk
- 1-5 to 6-pound leg of lamb
- ½ teaspoon crushed rosemary
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1-10½ ounce can condensed consommé
- ½ cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat your Lang BBQ Smoker to 300º degrees F.
- Pierce lamb in several places; insert rosemary. Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper. Place fat side up in the smoker. Smoke, until done* 30 to 35 minutes per pound.
- Combine consommé, preserves, lemon juice and garlic; pour over meat for last hour of baking. Baste every 15 minutes. Remove meat to heated platter.
- To thicken sauce, blend cornstarch and water until smooth; slowly stir into sauce. Cook, stirring until thickened. Serve with lamb.
- *Until done means how you like it cooked for me it would be 140º degrees would be fine, you judge for yourself.