Source: Chef Paul Kirk found this recipe online and tweaked it a bit for his flavor profile
Memorial Day recipes traditionally means hamburgers, for all of you who must follow this all-American tradition here’s a good burger recipe. It takes some prep work but it’s worth it.
Methods of Cooking this Recipe
Chef Paul Kirk grills this on a Lang BBQ Smokers Hybrid unit that has both the smoker cooker and charcoal grill in the single unit.
- ¼ pound chopped, crisp cooked bacon
- ½ large sweet onion diced
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese - shredded
- 1½ pounds ground chuck
- ½ teaspoon Spike seasoning
- 2 tablespoons beer
- Combine bacon, onion, cheddar cheese and set aside.
- Combine beef, Spike seasoning and beer, mix thoroughly, the shape into 6 thin patties.
- Put bacon, onion, and cheese on 3 patties.
- Put the remaining 3 patties on top and press edges to seal.
- Grill on your Lang BBQ Smokers charcoal grill (broil or pan fry) until well done, about 4 minutes per side.