What to do was a sack of potatoes? This BBQ potato recipe is so easy. Toss these foiled potatoes on your grill, smoker cooker, campfire, oven or even fire pit coals! Your dinner will be ready in no time!
Great idea when you’re running out of space for roasting potatoes in the oven on Thanksgiving and other special events. Also great for summer barbecuing and even camping.
Methods of Cooking this Recipe
Potatoes in a Boat
- 4 large potatoes (with or without the skin)
- 1 medium onion
- ½ stick of butter
- Aluminum foil - one piece per potato
- Section or cube each potato and place on aluminum foil
- Peel one medium onion, slice or quarter into ½ inch thick pieces and place onto each aluminum foil
- Cut up a half stick of butter and place on top of the potatoes and onions
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold foil into a boat or tent
- Bake on hot coals, grill or smoker cooker for 1 hour or until tender.