Award Winning Chef Ed Zaleski of the barbecue competition team, the Carnivore’s Paradise of Romeoville, IL shared this recipe for smoked ham chops.
Smoked Ham Chops
Author: Carnivore's Paradise
- 4 - 2" thick porterhouse pork chops
- ½ gallon of water
- ½ cup kosher salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Triple 9 Swine Apple Cherry Glaze
- Combine water, salt, and brown sugar in a pot and heat to dissolve.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Place the pork chops in a large bowl or brining bag and add the cooled brine so the chops are completely covered.
- Refrigerate overnight for about 12 hours.
- Rinse in cold water.
- Place in the smoker standing upright on the T-bone or in a rib rack.
- Smoke at 250˚ for about 2 hours or until the internal temperature is 145˚.
- Sear over direct heat preferably using grill grates to get perfect grill marks.
- Glaze with Triple 9 Swine Apple Cherry glaze for salty-sweet flavor profile.