The Ultimate BBQ Eyeopener
“The Bloody Mary is the classic eye-opener, 19th holer, hair of the dog, and a chance to drink your veggies. The Bloody Mary has a name that cannot be forgotten and is the breakfast drink of choice for millions of Americans on a Sunday, and more than a few a few Mondays.”
View the whole recipe and more photos on Amazing Ribs
- 4 ounces V8 juice
- 1½ ounces 80 proof unflavored vodka
- 1 ounce Kansas City style BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dill pickle juice
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon bottled horseradish in vinegar (not in cream)
- 1 or 2 squirts of Tabasco Chipotle sauce
- ¼ teaspoon of Morton’s coarse kosher salt (read more about the science of salt here)
- 2 pinches black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Meathead's Memphis Dust
- 1 slice of bacon
- 1 lime wedge for garnishing
- 5 cubes smoked ice
- Make the smoked ice.
- Mix or shake together the V8 juice, vodka, barbecue sauce, lime juice, Worcestershire, pickle juice, horseradish, hot sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the Meathead's Memphis Dust into a small plate like a coffee saucer and spread it out evenly. Take the lime wedge and run it around the rim of a tall (highball) glass to moisten it. Invert the glass and place it on the spice mix and twist it until the rim is well coated.
- Add the bacon first, then the smoked ice, pour the drink over the rocks, and hang the lime wedge on the lip of the glass.